Welcome to Course “Optical Character Recognition (OCR) MasterClass in Python”
Optical character recognition (OCR) technology is a business solution for automating data extraction from printed or written text from a scanned document or image file and then converting the text into a machine-readable form to be used for data processing like editing or searching.
BENEFITS OF OCR:
- Reduce costs
- Accelerate workflows
- Automate document routing and content processing
- Centralize and secure data (no fires, break-ins or documents lost in the back vaults)
- Improve service by ensuring employees have the most up-to-date and accurate information
Some Key Learning Outcomes of this course are:
- Recognition of text from images using OpenCV and Pytesseract.
- Learn to work with Image data and manipulate it using Pillow Library in Python.
- Build Projects like License Plate Detection, Extracting Dates and other important information from images using the concepts discussed in this course.
- Learn how Machine Learning can be useful in certain OCR problems.
- This course covers basic fundamentals of Machine Learning required for getting accurate OCR results.
- Build Machine Learning models with text recognition accuracy of above 90%.
- You will learn about different image preprocessing techniques such as grayscaling, binarization, erosion, dilation etc… which will help to improve the image quality for better OCR results.