New to PLC programming or Ladder Logic? You’ve found the right starting point.
In this beginner’s course, you will learn all of the basics you need to read and write Ladder Logic PLC code. Together, we will take an interactive approach to work through 25 examples and exercises in Ladder Logic code, taking you from Absolute beginner, to competent Ladder programmer.
This course covers everything you need to know to get started with ladder logic programming on any PLC brand, make or model:
- We’ll cover the fundamentals such as structure, terminology and boolean logic.
- We’ll work through some basic boolean ladder logic instructions and code examples.
- We’ll tackle some more advanced instructions such as mathematical operations and counters.
- We’ll implement timers to allow you to execute precise time controlled code.
- We’ll take a look at the concept of a Finite State Machine for program flow control.
- Along the way, you will get the opportunity to complete coding exercises to reinforce and improve your understanding. Full video solutions and demonstrations for each exercise are provided!
- Finally, you’ll get the chance to complete a project that incorporates everything you’ve learned in this course: Writing Ladder Logic Code for a real-world automation application.
Bonus: Get your hands on the Ladder Logic Cheat Sheet! The Cheat Sheet is a quick reference document that covers all of the code examples and solutions to the exercises in this course.