Master the art of building robust RESTful APIs with Node.js and develop a client using the latest versions of React and Bootstrap with our comprehensive course.
In this course, you’ll quickly grasp the fundamentals of creating a powerful backend API from scratch, following a professional and efficient architectural pattern. You’ll also learn how to connect your API with a client, enabling seamless communication through the HTTP protocol.
Key topics covered in this course include:
- Communicating with your backend: Gain a solid understanding of HTTP, HTTP methods, and status codes.
- Input data validation: Learn how to validate input data effectively to ensure the integrity of your API.
- Easy API endpoint requests: Discover techniques for making API requests effortlessly.
- Gradual API testing: Master the art of testing your API incrementally.
- Designing a flexible and robust API architecture: Develop an architectural structure that enables scalability and maintainability.
- Professional security and optimization: Implement essential packages for securing and optimizing your API.
- CORS implementation: Understand how to handle Cross-Origin Resource Sharing in your API.
- Building a client from scratch with React JS: Learn to create a frontend client that interacts with your API using React and Bootstrap.
- CRUD operations: Perform Create, Read, Update, and Delete operations from your client by leveraging the API endpoints.
- API endpoint documentation: Document your API endpoints using JSDoc and OpenAPI.
- And much more!
Throughout the course, you’ll also explore game-changing packages that enhance your API development experience. You’ll learn to effortlessly create stunning designs using reusable components, harness the power of “styled-components,” and add multiple pages to your React application with React Router Dom.
By the end of this course, you’ll be confident in creating APIs from scratch, implementing new endpoints, and leveraging essential packages such as logging, rate-limiters, and Yup schema validation. You’ll even gain the skills to create unit tests for your API.